Friends Mission Statement
The mission of Friends of Elizabeth II, Inc. is:
- To research the history of navigation and sailing vessels of the Sixteenth Century.
- To construct, maintain and operate a replica of a Sixteenth Century sailing vessel.
- To develop the educational and cultural aspects of the vessel; interpret and disseminate that information to the public through special programs, exhibits or related activities.
- To disseminate information about the constructed vessel and early English settlements in America.
- To exhibit and display the constructed vessel at public functions and events for educational, cultural and historical purposes.
- To act as the non-profit arm of Roanoke Island Festival Park and to advise the Executive Director on matters pertinent to the development and operation of the site.
- To publish, acquire, dispose of and rent property or real estate, and any other materials and equipment to enhance its goals.
Friends Board Members & Staff
Our Board of Directors
Tod B. Clissold, Chair
William G. Harrison, Vice Chair
Dwight D. Gregory, Treasurer
Angel E. Khoury, Secretary
Lawrence A. Belli, At-Large
Libba Evans, At-Large
Ellen Newbold, At-Large
Meade Gwinn, At-Large
Betsy Etheridge Brown, At-Large
Sara Mirabilio, At-Large
Pat Herman, Counsel