Friends Mission Statement
The mission of Friends of Elizabeth II, Inc. is:
- To research the history of navigation and sailing vessels of the Sixteenth Century.
- To construct, maintain and operate a replica of a Sixteenth Century sailing vessel.
- To develop the educational and cultural aspects of the vessel; interpret and disseminate that information to the public through special programs, exhibits or related activities.
- To disseminate information about the constructed vessel and early English settlements in America.
- To exhibit and display the constructed vessel at public functions and events for educational, cultural and historical purposes.
- To act as the non-profit arm of Roanoke Island Festival Park and to advise the Executive Director on matters pertinent to the development and operation of the site.
- To publish, acquire, dispose of and rent property or real estate, and any other materials and equipment to enhance its goals.
Friends Board Members & Staff
Our Board of Directors
Dwight D Gregory, Chair
William G Harrison, Vice Chair
Elaine Vann-Whitaker, Secretary
Position Vacant, Treasurer
Tod B Clissold, At-Large
Jaye Massecar, At-Large
Thomas Paulson, At-Large
Hunt Thomas, At-Large